There are so many benefits when we are talking about cloud-based storage. Cloud-based storage is something that has revolutionised storage all around the world. In this guide, I will be talking all about the benefits and also the drawbacks of cloud storage. These are actually notable, and these are some things that you have to consider, whenever you are planning on making use of a cloud storage company.
- In my opinion, the benefits obviously outweigh the drawbacks, because it is a revolutionary way of storage of photos, videos, audio files, documents and more. Cloud storage can actually save you a lot of money. You will be storing all of your data with the help of the internet and a cloud storage company and, you will not have to buy expensive hard drives, and you will also not need space to store all of these drives. It also happens to lower the management costs by completely reducing the on-premise hardware and also the management of software. It definitely simplifies monitoring.
- In most cases, the cloud storage companies that you are making use of have encryption software. It basically means that everything and anything that you store on their cloud is completely encrypted and cannot be accessed by anybody except you or your company.
- It completely protects you from ransomware and malware. Malabar is definitely bad for any system. Unfortunately, it is very rampant on the internet. But, if you make use of cloud-based storage, you will be protected against all kinds of ransomware and malware, because the service of the completely encrypted and the hackers will not have access to your files or documents. Basically, it is very hard for a person to access your documents without proper authentication. That is why encryption is making headlines in cloud storage companies.
- Cloud storage is very simple. All you need is an active internet connection and an active subscription to a company that is offering cloud storage. One of the best examples that I can give you would be iCloud services offered by Apple Inc. It is very simple. They give you 5GB free when you create an Apple ID and, you can pay a small amount for 50 GB, chargeable every month. You will also have the option to choose a much higher storage capacity is as well, for higher prices.
- There are some drawbacks that you should consider. The back up is maybe slower and, once it is on the cloud, it can take a little time for you to get it back to your device.
- The restoring process may actually be a little time consuming, depending on your internet speed and your device.