Cloud storage is something that has actually given the users the ability to access files and also share the files remotely without actually gaining access to local storage systems. Local object storage systems have actually become mood because of cloud-based storage. While this has successfully opened up so many doors for teams when it comes to remote storage, it does have some disadvantages as well. Cloud-based storage actually has a lot of advantages, but some disadvantages plague this industry. This industry has keyboard into a multi-billion dollar industry indeed, and it is very successful.
- The first advantage is that it is very cost-friendly. Purchasing physical storage can actually be quite expensive. Without having the need for hardware storage, cloud storage is much cheaper. You can get 100 GB storage for less than $20 a month.
- Secondly, recovery is amazing. In any event of a hardware failure, you will lose all of your data. But, that is not the case when it comes to cloud storage. Your backup will always be safe and secure when compared to physical drives. You will not have to worry about your files, because it is always somewhere.
- You should also think about syncing and updating software. It is very important when it comes to your data. When you are working with cloud storage, every single time you make a change to a file, it will be updated across all of your devices. This is not something that will happen when it comes to hard drives.
It is amazingly secure indeed. It has a level of encryption that we cannot have on hard drives. Cloud storage is something that provides additional layers of security, because of encryption. All the files are stored on a cloud are always safe and secure and cannot be hacked.
- You can either consider this as an advantage or a disadvantage, depending on your internet service provider. You will need an active internet connection to access your cloud-based storage, depending on how good your internet is. In a lot of cases, depending on which country you live in, the internet connection could be unstable. If you have an unstable internet connection, it would be really hard or even impossible to access the content that you have uploaded onto the cloud.
- And in a lot of cases, most cloud-based companies do not have decent support systems. Some companies offer 24/7 supports, while some offer none.
- When you are making use of a cloud provider, your data will no longer physically be present with you. That means that you are not going to be responsible for it. A company is going to be completely responsible for it.
Leave a Reply